BeMona began when we realised there was a gap in the sportswear market. We decided to provide socially conscious women of all shapes and sizes with the comfortable and flattering activewear that they deserve while staying true to our values and preserving our natural environment. Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions we have answered, if your query is not answered below, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible.
Shipping and Returns
BeMona offers free shipping in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for orders above 90€.
Rest of orders have shipping fee of 5.9€ at checkout.
We ship our orders every day at 3pm GMT. Orders placed during weekend will ship on Monday afternoon.
Delivery in the Republic of Ireland and Norden Ireland will typically take up to three working days.
Free returns apply to orders above 90€ in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. In that case please email us to email@example.com specify in the subject Return and your order number and we will provide further instructions and will email you the return label that you can print and paste on the back of the box to mail it back to us.
If you are not eligible for a free return you will have to pay for any fees to post us back your purchase.
You can return any product within 15 days or receiving it as long as it has not been worn. If you have any questions please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we are here to help.
Creating Sustainable Activewear with Recycled Plastic
How is Plastic Recycled?
At BeMona, we believe that creating quality activewear shouldn’t compromise the well-being of our planet. That’s why all of our comfortable, stylish, and practical sportswear is manufactured from recycled, safe RPET plastic water bottles to help reduce CO2 emissions and remove plastic from our oceans.
But how exactly does a simple water bottle get transformed into your new favourite pair of recycled leggings?
It all begins out at sea where plastic waste is collected from the ocean, helping to prevent damage to this delicate ecosystem and the creatures that inhabit it. After collecting as much plastic waste as we can, the bottles are then treated and cleansed to ensure that they’re safe for reuse, and then the manufacturing process begins:
● Bottles are shredded into tiny pieces so that they can be turned into yarn
● This yarn is then knitted together to form the fabric that makes up our activewear
● After the garments are created, we sell them to you to use and love!
And that’s not all; if you want to part ways with your old BeMona recycled clothing, we will recycle your items for free and create new garments with them! We know that you can’t single-handedly save the planet, but everybody can do their bit by supporting plastic recycling for a brighter future.
The Pros of Recycling Plastic
The pros of recycling plastic are truly endless when it comes to giving our world the helping hand it needs. Some of the top benefits are:
● Less plastic waste has to be burned, which helps to reduce CO2 emissions and improve our air quality
● Ocean wildlife can be injured or even killed by plastic waste in the ocean which can disrupt the entire ecosystem, so removing it helps to protect our planet’s creatures
● When plastic is recycled, less plastic waste ends up in landfills which helps to lower levels of soil pollution
● Recycling plastic helps to utilise our natural resources more efficiently by reducing the usage of new, raw materials, which would use considerably more energy than it takes to recycle
● Plastic recycling doesn’t just bring about environmental benefits — the collection and manufacturing process helps to create more jobs to benefit workers and the global economy
How much have you recycled?
So far, we have recycled over 18,000 plastic water bottles, and avoided the creation of over 7,000 kilos of CO2, all while providing you with fashionable sportswear that will last you for years to come.
How BeMona Dyes our Sustainable Activewear
The Environmental Impact of Clothes Dye
At BeMona, we understand how important it is for you to have activewear that makes you feel your best. Having cute and colourful sportswear can help to motivate you to hit the gym as well as making you feel confident while working out. However, many women are unaware of the environmental impact of their current athleisure garments.
To give your sportswear its vibrant hue, garments undergo a fabric dyeing process. However, during the process, a large proportion of the synthetic dye does not actually bind to the clothing and is then released intothe environment through water waste. This massively impacts the quality of the water and can harm both the creatures living in it and those who come into contact with it.
Furthermore, synthetic dyes can cause allergies, skin irritation, and can be detrimental to the respiratory health of those who are producing and dyeing the garments. That’s why at BeMona, we’re saying no to dangerous and damaging dyeing processes and entering a new era of sustainable activewear to help you feel your best without harming our planet and those living on it.
The BeMona Dyeing Process
Our secret to keeping the production of our recycledleggings and sports bras eco-friendly is in our dyeing process!
We only use eco-friendly dyes for our garments, and all of our wastewater is carefully cleaned and cooled before it is released back into our natural environment.
Our dyes are kind to your skin so that you can wear your BeMona activewear without any worries. Plus, we use RPET plastic waste in our clothing which has been repeatedly tested for over 30 years for its safety, so that you can purchase with confidence.
Our unique dyeing process can result in minimal irregularities in colour, but this helps to make your garments one of a kind! Remember that colours may run at first, so it is best to wash your new leggings or sports bra separately or with similar colours.
How do I take care of recycled activewear?
With the correct care, your BeMona sportswear can last you years, seeing you through hundreds of workouts. To help preserve your activewear, our top tips are:
● Wash your garments at cold temperature with a natural, gentle detergent to help keep the fabric clean and soft while also reducing the fading that can come about when washing your clothes at higher temperatures.
● When washing, avoid overfilling your machine as this can cause friction between your garments and damage the fibres, leading to premature wear and tear.
● When you can, air-dry your garments. Not only is this better for the planet than tumble drying, but it also helps to prevent shrinkage and damage to the fibres.
● If anything gets spilled on your BeMona gear, gently blot the stain immediately and soak your garment in cold water before washing it.
If you are finished with your old BeMona garments, then be sure to return them to us for free and we’ll recycle them so that they can be made into new activewear for others to enjoy for years to come.
Socially Responsible Clothing with BeMona
The Effects of Fast Fashion
Although fast fashion dominates today’s clothing market, the manufacturing process of these mass-produced garments can be detrimental to not only the environment, but the workers who are creating the clothes.
The production of fast fashion uses approximately 8,000 chemicals, with many workers being exposed to these dangerous substances every day as they try to meet the growing demand for inexpensive clothing. The production of fast fashion is even thought to contribute to around 5% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, which is as much as the entirety of Russia produces.
Up to 97% of fast fashion garments are produced overseas in countries with a lack of labour laws and worker protections, meaning many of those who are producing these products are made to work in poor conditions with minimal pay. What’s worse is that some of these workers are children who have been exploited for cheap labour, and whose lives are in danger every day that they are forced to work for fast fashion brands.
Many people are unaware of where their clothes come from and who made their garments, which is why we keep everything transparent with our customers. BeMona doesn’t just believe in creating sustainable activewear that reduces plastic waste and CO2 emissions. As an ethical sportswear brand, we take pride in following the highest manufacturing standards and taking responsibility to ensure that our staff are working in a safe and fair environment.
How Do We Support our Staff?
Our offices in Cork and our manufacturing site in Vietnam create recycled leggings and activewear following the leading social accountability standards, includingSA8000 regulations.
The SA8000 standard is based on the internationally recognised Universal Declaration of Human Rights and strives to protect workers from exploitation while ensuring them a fair wage for their efforts. To gainSA8000 certification, facilities must go beyond compliance to the regulations, and instead integrate it into everyday management practices.
This is why our manufacturing site is:
● Completely free from forced labour and/or child labour
● A healthy and safe environment to protect staff wellbeing
● Free from discrimination against gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or age
Everybody on the BeMona team is paid a fair living wage and works regular, working-day hours that provide plenty of time for relaxation. The SA8000 protects over 2,100,000 workers worldwide across 56countries, and we are proud to be one of 4,608 certified organisations that are helping to promote a safe working environment.
We understand that it can be difficult to find beautiful activewear that is as functional as it is socially conscious, which is why BeMona was created. Now, you can purchase with confidence knowing that your clothing has been created in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner that has our staff’s wellbeing in mind.
How BeMona Creates The Best Activewear For You
How Did BeMona Started?
At BeMona, we know that creating quality women’s activewear doesn’t happen by chance. We’re a female-founded brand, which is why we understand the needs of the modern, environmentally-conscious woman who wants practical and stunning activewear sets that will see her through any workout without fail.
We designed our women’s activewear in Cork, where we spent months perfecting our designs for maximum comfort and support. After months of searching, we found reliable partners with an excellent track record of social and environmental responsibility, and BeMona was finally born.
We strive to create our dream activewear sets and pride ourselves on being an ethical clothing brand that doesn’t cut corners just to make a bigger profit. All of our recycled leggings and sports bras have been made with care, and we hope that you’ll love our activewear as much as we do.
How Are Recyled Sportswear Made?
Wondering what makes our athleisure garments so high-quality? Every part of the production process, from the initial design stage to the final packaging, has been carefully curated by us to be as thoroug hand environmentally friendly as possible, resulting in durable and beautiful activewear that won’t weigh heavy on your consciousness.
● Our leggings begin as plastic water bottles that have been disposed of in the ocean. We collect as many as we can before treating and cleaning them. All of the bottles we use contain PET plastic which is completely safe for use in our garments.
● After the bottles have been treated, they are shredded and transformed into super-durable yarn that is 10 times stronger than regular polyester. Because of this, our leggings are able to withstand any workout, no matter how intense!
● The yarn is then used to make our garments, which are then dyed in an array of colours so that you can find a set that suits your personal aesthetic. Any wastewater containing excess dye is carefully cleaned and treated before being released back into the environment to prevent damage.
● When we’re ready to sell our leggings, we make a conscious effort to use models that represent women in all their diversity. Our goal is to make you feel confident, which is why we do our best to empower women of all body types and ethnicities.
● Once we make a sale, our garments are packaged in 100%recycled paper and cardboard that has been sourced in Ireland. We intentionally sell our products without a tag as these are frequently attached to the garment with a plastic string, and we want to minimise our use of non-recycled plastic as much as possible.
Every aspect of our production process has been carefully thought through down to the finest details to create the best product that we can. We’ve truly put our hearts and souls into our products, so we hope that our activewear makes you feel as amazing as you deserve to!
What Is My Activewear Fabric?
You are curious and we love that! Let's get into the details.
Our activewear is made from recycled polyethylene terephthalate, also known as rPET. Polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, is the raw material used to create single use plastic bottles (the caps and labels are usually a different plastic), this is why it's perfect when recycled to create activewear.
Our fabric composition is 75% rPET and 25% Spandex, after months of testing this is the perfect balance to achieve a soft but stretchy material that will fit you like a second skin. On average to create a pair of leggings we recycle 25 plastic bottles and 11 plastic bottles to create a bra.
The BeMona Values
What Is Our Promise?
BeMona began when we realised there was a gap in the sportswear market. We decided to provide socially conscious women of all shapes and sizes with the comfortable and flattering activewear that they deserve while staying true to our values and preserving our natural environment.
After that, BeMona was born to provide sustainable activewear that will make you feel your best during your workouts. We believe in sticking to what’s right and providing you with all the information you need to make the best purchase. That’s why we make our values transparent with our customers:
● We believe every person deserves to be treated with respect, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, appearance, and size, which is why our environmentally friendly clothing is inclusive of everybody
● We prioritise our workers’ and customers’ health while also caring for our planet to ensure that everybody can lead a fulfilling and healthy life
● We strive to be as socially responsible as possible and believe that businesses should be seeking profit in a sustainable manner
● Sustainability is our core value, which is why our recycled leggings and sports bras are made from plastic bottles instead of petroleum, which makes up the majority of synthetic activewear garments
● As well as creating high-quality activewear, we aim to educate others about the importance of living an environmentally conscious lifestyle, which is why we share information about how you can do your bit for the planet on our Instagram
Does BeMona Meet International Standards?
We pride ourselves on being one of Ireland’s top ethical clothing brands, providing premium activewear that won’t cost the planet.
Our leggings and sports bras start in the ocean as plastic waste that has been inappropriately disposed of. After treating the plastic and shredding it to create strong and sustainable yarn, we craft it into your gym wear.
All of our BPA-free garments are certified by OEKO-TEX Standard 100 - the world’s leader in testing fabrics for harmful materials - so that you can be sure our products are safe for you and the environment.
It doesn’t stop with our clothing; all of our packaging and marketing material is 100% recycled and compostable so that every part of the buying process is as eco-friendly as possible.
And we’re not just environmentally conscious; our manufacturing site follows leading social accountability standards, including SA8000 regulations, to ensure that our staff are paid a fair wage an dare working in a safe and healthy environment.
Our promise to our customers is that we will always adhere to the BeMona values to protect our environment and provide you with exceptional sportswear that will make you feel comfortable and confident during your workout. Be you with BeMona!